Wound Dressing with Manuka Honey
Manuka Health's Wound Dressing with Manuka Honey is a solid state honey and glycerine gel sheet. The gel sheet is covered with a bi-directional stretch cloth which allows greater conformity and therefore greater comfort.
Made with Medical Grade New Zealand Manuka Honey.
Directions for Use
DRESSINGS ARE STERILE UNTIL OPENED
- Select a dressing size that will allow the dressing to extend by 25mm (1”) beyond the wound edges, or is at least 25% larger than the wound.
- Prepare the wound site by cleansing as per protocol.
- Remove the sterile dressing from the package.
- If cutting is necessary, leave the clear plastic cover sheet in place.
- To apply the dressing, remove the clear plastic cover sheet from the gel. DO NOT remove the white stretch backing material.
- Cover the wound by placing the gel side of the dressing directly on the wound.
- Dressing must be secured well. The dressing may be secured by a bandage, elastic wrap or tape.
- CHECKING THE WOUND: This can easily be done by gently lifting one corner of the dressing then pulling the whole dressing back until the wound is visible. As the Wound Dressing with Manuka Honey becomes saturated, it will look somewhat slippery and rubbery around the edges. This is a sign that the dressing needs to be changed.
- Remove or cover with waterproof protection before showering, bathing or swimming.
Caution: Consult your physician if signs of infection occur: redness, swelling, fever.