Wound Dressing with Manuka Honey
Made with Medical Grade New Zealand Manuka Honey, Manuka Health's Wound Dressing with Manuka Honey is a solid state honey and glycerine gel sheet.
The gel sheet is covered with a bi-directional stretch cloth which allows greater conformity and therefore greater comfort.
The wound dressing is cooling and soothing on contact.
The dressing does not stick to the wound, therefore is painless on removal. It maintains a moist wound healing environment, while being highly absorbent at the same time.
Directions for Use
- Prepare the wound site by cleansing as needed.
- Remove the sterile dressing from the package.
- If cutting is necessary, leave the clear plastic cover sheet in place.
- To apply the dressing, remove the clear plastic cover sheet from the gel. DO NOT remove the white stretch backing material.
- Cover the wound by placing the gel side of the dressing directly on the wound.
- Dressing must be secured well. The dressing may be secured with a bandage, elastic wrap or tape.
- CHECKING THE WOUND: This can easily be done by gently lifting one corner of the dressing then pulling the whole dressing back until the wound is visible. As the Wound Dressing with Manuka Honey becomes saturated, it will look somewhat slippery and rubbery around the edges. This is a sign that the dressing needs to be changed.
- Remove or protect with waterproof covering before showering, bathing or swimming.
Caution: Consult your physician if signs of infection occur: redness, swelling, fever.